Download the PFD booklet with fourteen great ideas on the Bible story of Jesus, Barabbas and Pontius Pilate
Are you looking for a Sunday school lesson on the Bible story of Jesus and Barabbas in Matthew 27: 1-2, 11-26?
This lesson will help the children in your Sunday school lesson, youth ministry, Bible lesson, VBS, kidmin, children’s church or children’s ministry to reflect on this powerful Bible passage.
We understand that these fourteen ideas are way too many to fit into just one Sunday school lesson, but we want to give you the opportunity to pick and mix, so that you can choose the ideas that fit with you and with your group of children.
Here are the following ideas for your Sunday school lesson for you to choose from:
* Which Jesus will be released? - a children’s moment
* Put your head under water - an icebreaker
* How do I tell the this Bible story? - five storytelling tips
* Pigeons - YouTube video and discussion
* Make a noise with a balloon - a fun science experiment
* Do you let yourself be stirred up? - a creative discussion
* Do dreams come true? - a creative discussion
* Why doesn’t Jesus defend himself? - a creative discussion
* The story of Barabbas (1) - a creative/storytelling activity
* The story of Barabbas (2) - a creative/storytelling activity
* Make a green jealous monster - a creative crafts/discussion activity
* Throwing horrible words around - a Bible game
* Hit the leader - a Bible game
* Wash your hands in innocence or gratitude? - a creative prayer idea
Download the PDF booklet with all these ideas
We have created an illustrated PDF booklet containing these creative ideas. Using this PDF booklet you can print all these ideas at home at your leisure.
You can download the complete Sunday school lesson below if you are a member of Creative Kidswork. You can become a member for just 25 dollars a year and have access to this Sunday school lesson (and all the other complete Sunday school lessons) and all the other great ideas here on the site.