Everyday tip for your Sunday school lesson or children’s ministry
You can experience a Bible story for yourself
Suppose you have to tell a Bible story soon:
Record the Bible story with your mobile phone. Sit in a comfortable chair and listen to the Bible story at least five times. Each time you listen, you do a different (fantasy) exercise:
1. What do you see happening in the Bible story?
2. What do you hear in the Bible story? Which sounds fit into this story?
3. What do you smell in the Bible story? What smells are present in the story?
4. What movements occur in the Bible story?
5. What emotions occur in this Bible story? Can you feel them?
What do you hear happening in the story? What sounds are part of this?
As you listen to the Bible story, you may wonder what sounds you hear in your mind / fantasy as you listen to this story. By consciously listening to a Bible story with your imagination and picking up the sounds, you experience the story in a certain way and it is much easier to tell this Bible story.
What sounds do you hear, for example, in the story of the storm on the lake?
- Do you hear the buzz of the crowd?
- The silence after the storm?
- The storm itself?
- The words of Jesus during the storm?