Everyday tip for your Sunday school lesson or children’s ministry
The purpose of the small groups is to:
1) Get to know each other better.
The leaders have already thought of a number of questions in advance. The first questions can be about fun things, like:
- What is your favourite hobby?
- Which food do you like best?
2) Talking to each other about the theme or the learning points.
By means of questions you can find out if the children have understood and you can talk about it further.
3) Praying with each other and for each other.
During such a discussion group it is nice to ask if there are things for which we can pray or thank. After this you can pray and thank for it together with the children. It is good to stimulate the children in these groups to pray as well.