This is a series of ten ideas about the Bible story of the encounter between Jesus and the rich young ruler that you can use. These ideas come from Martine Versteeg from www.kliederkerk.nl (the Dutch version of Messy Church). Messy church is a new form of being church for children and the people around them. It's inspired by the English Messy Church.
In the time that Jesus lived, a lot of people thought that you get rich when God thinks you're good. This meant that people in that time didn't really look at the poor people in a positive way. They had to be really bad, otherwise God would have made them rich. Because of this story about Jesus, people started looking really differently at the poor...
In this idea we're going to look in a different way with children.
The rich young ruler, Jesus teaches us to look through his eyes at the world around us
Messy Church program:
188. The treasure chest - the Rich Young Ruler
189. Make your own rules? - the Rich Young Ruler
190. Jesus turns everything upside down - the Rich Young Ruler
191. Give something away! - the Rich Young Ruler
192. Shuffleboard with money! - the Rich Young Ruler
193. The camel race - The Rich Young Ruler
194. Crawling through the eye of a needle - The Rich Young Ruler
195. Pimp your own camel - The Rich Young Ruler
196. Looking through Jesus' eyes at the world - The Rich Young Ruler
197. Praying with a needle and a thread - The Rich Young Ruler