This is a series of ten ideas about the Bible story of the encounter between Jesus and the rich youngster that you can use. These ideas come from Martine Versteeg from www.kliederkerk.nl (the Dutch version of Messy Church). Messy church is a new form of being a church for children and the people around them. It's inspired by the English Messy Church.
When the rich young man asks Jesus what kind of good things he should do to gain everlasting life, he says that he should stay true to Gods rules: the ten Commandments. These are like the rules of a game, in order to keep life 'good'. In this idea the children and their parents are going to work with these rules in a creative way.
The rich young ruler, keeping the commandments, the Ten Commandments
Messy Church program:
188. The treasure chest - the Rich Young Ruler
189. Make your own rules? - the Rich Young Ruler
190. Jesus turns everything upside down - the Rich Young Ruler
191. Give something away! - the Rich Young Ruler
192. Shuffleboard with money! - the Rich Young Ruler
193. The camel race - The Rich Young Ruler
194. Crawling through the eye of a needle - The Rich Young Ruler
195. Pimp your own camel - The Rich Young Ruler
196. Looking through Jesus' eyes at the world - The Rich Young Ruler
197. Praying with a needle and a thread - The Rich Young Ruler