Let's use this fun Bible study tool on Philippians 2
Today we are going to use a fun Bible study tool. It is very easy and it will certainly help the children in your Sunday school lesson, Bible lesson or youth ministry to reflect on this passage in Philippians.
In Philippians 2: 1 – 11 Paul writes that we should take Jesus as our example and look to him. He became a servant and was even willing to die on a cross. Paul encourages us to look at Jesus and then try to become like Him.
This Bible study tool on Philippians 2 is all about discovering who Jesus is. It will help the children in your Sunday school lesson, youth ministry, Bible lesson, children’s church or children’s ministry to reflect on this powerful Bible passage.
What do you need:
- 2 A3 pieces of paper, and pens
- for each child a copy of the Bible passage Philippians 2: 1 - 11
What do you do:
Today we are going to make a list together of what we know about Jesus. We are going to write down as many things as possible.
- What do we know about Jesus?
- How many things can we write down about Jesus?
Make a list together with the children and write this down on the A3 paper.
Now we are going to make another list of how Paul looks at Jesus in this part of Philippians 2.
Let the children read this passage first for themselves.
Let one of more of the children read this passage aloud.
You can repeat this one or two times.
- What does Paul say about Jesus in this passage?
- How many things about Jesus can we discover in these eleven verses of Philippians?
Make a new list together with the children and write this down on a new A3 paper.
Shall we look at the differences and similarities in our two lists?
- Before we begin, are there any words of things you don't understand in Paul's list of Jesus?
- What similarities do the children notice in the two lists?
- What differences do the children notice in the two lists?
- What new thing have you learned about Jesus today?