In her song with her aunt Elisabeth, Mary sings that she has been blessed by God. What does this mean? In the case of Mary it meant that she:
- is chosen by God
- is special in God’s eyes
- is honoured
- receives good things from God
As children of God we have also been chosen by Him. We are also special. We are also honoured – we may call ourselves sons and daughters of the Most High. We also receive good things from God. But how can we make that clear to the children?
In this activity we’re going to use four gifts to teach this to the children. In each gift there’s something to help them understand what it means to be blessed.
What do you need:
- a beautifully wrapped gift containing badges that say ‘Chosen by God’
- a beautifully wrapped gift containing two mirrors: one that has written on it: ‘I am special because…..’ and the other that has written on it ‘God thinks I’m special because…..’
- a beautifully wrapped gift containing a golden plastic crown
- a beautifully wrapped gift containing a dream cloud (using white card cut out the shape of a cloud).