A brilliant video for your kids ministry, youth group or Sunday school
This brilliant video is ideal for helping children and teenagers reflect on Biblical themes such as sacrificial love, following Jesus, friendship.
Watching this video reminded me of the following Bible stories:
- the story of Zacchaeus, who gave up the thing he loved most, because he came to love Jesus more. (Luke 19: 2 -9)
- the calling of the disciples, who left their boats behind and followed Jesus. (Luke 5:1-11)
- the calling of Matthew, who left his collector's booth behind and followed Jesus. (Matthew 9:9-13)
- the healing of Bartimaeus, who left his begging cloak behind, because he knew he wouldn't need it anymore. (Mark 10:46-52)
- the Bible story of Ruth, who left her homeland behind out of love for Naomi. (Ruth 1)
- The Bible story of Reuben, who his willing to trade his life with Benjamin's. (Genesis 42)
There are probably many more Bible stories that you can use, like the Rich Young Ruler and Lot's wife, who both were not ready to give up on the things they loved.
Another theme that came to my mind is addiction. Struggling with giving things up that we are 'addicted' to, and how love can be a strong motivation that can help us in our struggle with addiction.
Themes within this video:
Sacrificial love, story of Zacchaeus, giving up precious things, addiction, the Rich Young Ruler, Lot's wife and the pillar of salt
Bible verses that touch on this video:
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." - John 15: 13
"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, existing in the form of God, did notconsider equality with God something to cling to, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness." - Phillipians 2: 5 - 7
"Anyone who loves his father ormother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is notworthy of Me; and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me." - Matthew 10: 37, 38