How many names of God can we call out together? Do we also know what these names mean?
Adonai-Jehovah -- The Lord our Sovereign
El-Elyon -- The Lord Most High
El-Olam -- The Everlasting God
El-Shaddai -- The God Who is Sufficient for the Needs of His People
Jehovah-Elohim -- The Eternal Creator
Jehovah-Jireh -- The Lord our Provider
Jehovah-Nissi -- The Lord our Banner
Jehovah-Ropheka -- The Lord our Healer
Jehovah-Shalom -- The Lord our Peace
Jehovah-Tsidkenu -- The Lord our Righteousness
Jehovah-Mekaddishkem -- The Lord our Sanctifier
Jehovah-Sabaoth -- The Lord of Hosts
Jehovah-Shammah -- The Lord is Present
Jehovah-Rohi -- The Lord our Shepherd
Jehovah-Hoseenu -- The Lord our Maker
Jehovah-Eloheenu -- The Lord our God
Take your time to look in depth at these wonderful names of God. When you have come to the end take out the Magic Umbrella trick and demonstrate that we can find refuge in these names of God!
The different names of God, finding refuge with God
You can use the Magic Umbrella trick:
176. To teach people about the names of Jesus
177. To teach on the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5: 22 - 23)
178. To teach on finding refuge in the names of God
179. To teach on self-esteem and showing your talents
180. To teach on unity and diversity in the church and on the question: 'Who may belong to God's family?'
Watch the video:
Underneath I will show you how you can use this trick to recap with the children on the different names of God.
I will also show you where you can buy your own version of the Magic Umbrella Deluxe