Everyday tip for your Sunday school lesson or children’s ministry
These mistakes are easily made within in our children's ministry
In relation to children's work we often make a number of mistakes in the church or congregation:
1) Sunday school is there to keep the children busy, while the adults get the real food from the Lord.
2) Let's tell the children as many biblical stories as possible. They will learn the rest later in the church.
3) Children's work is a good training period for people, before they start the real work in the church.
4) Everyone can / is allowed to do children's work.
5) A child worker does not really need a thorough training.
These are serious mistakes. Why do we get all kinds of problems with our teenagers later on and do the youth leave the church in large numbers? Is there a piece of the root in the children's work of the church?